We want you to join our growing team! Community Management is a fast paced and technology driven property management company that specializes in Homeowners Association management. We provide superior customer support and are seeking professionals who are great communicators, positive solution finders, and are committed to overseeing homeowner associations in all areas of management.
Community Management has been named one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report.
Benefits to being part of the CMGT family: Paid Time Off, Health Care options, Paid Holidays, Birthdays Off, Team Member Engagement Activities, Ongoing training and professional development, and much more!
Job Details: Full Time 40 Hours Maintenance Technician Hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm
Salary Range: Starting $18 per hour.
The Maintenance Technician position is part of our Property Maintenance Team at a high-end condominium in Baton Rouge, LA. The Maintenance Technician assists in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. The Maintenance Technician will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Community Association Manager. A great Maintenance Technician will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. Any appliance and HVAC experience/licensing is a plus.
- Follow Community Management Team Member Manual, policies, and procedures.
- Perform various maintenance functions including but not limited to painting, caulking, minor HVAC repairs, lock repairs, window/door repairs, electrical repairs, appliance repairs, preventative maintenance, and changing light bulbs, filters, batteries, etc. as requested by Community Association Manager.
- Service Requests – complete “Maintenance Agreement” service requests within 24-hour period
- Assist with the organization and cleanliness of maintenance shop, remove garbage daily.
- Inventory Control - communicate with Community Association Manager when supplies are needed.
- Maintain, clean and organize garbage enclosures, dumpsters and/or garage compacter rooms, including deodorizing and power washing as needed or directed by manager.
- Maintenance Coverage after hours - schedule/execute on call rotation among maintenance team members to ensure someone is always available to handle emergency requests outside of normal business hours as directed by manager. e. flood, fire, power loss, etc.
- Create work orders/service requests as noticed to complete; be proactive.
- Pool/jacuzzi daily maintenance.
- Completes daily duty sheets.
- Arrive on time for work each day.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Solid knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc. as required by daily operation
- Motivated individual with a good work ethic that requires little supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Ability to complete projects on-time and on-budget
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Proficiency in written, verbal, and arithmetic skills
- Ability to plan and juggle in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
- The work is physically demanding, requiring walking, standing, bending, carrying, driving an automobile, etc.
10% of work to be conducted in an office environment, maintaining records, vendor/supply ordering. 90% of work is conducted out on property, requiring ability to walk great distances, lift up to 75lbs., climb and be comfortable on a ladder and operating items such a Golf Cart. Must have reliable transportation and valid vehicle license and vehicle insurance.